Hey, I’m Gem!
When I’m not travelling around the south of the UK with my camera, you’ll find me around my home in East London, wandering through the local parks, rifling for treasures in vintage shops, or adding another houseplant to my already-excessive collection!
I got into photography at college, way back in the days when we still used dark rooms. After getting my degree in Creative Arts, I started out as a professional photographer, and over the past 15 years, have been lucky enough to photograph some amazing people, including Stephen Fry and Nile Rodgers.
However, it wasn’t until 2015 that I accidentally got addicted to wedding photography. It began as a wedding gift to a friend – covering their beautiful rural wedding in the height of summer – and it ended with me knowing this was something I wanted to do more of. Much more of.
Since then, I’ve worked with couples throughout London and the South East, some of whom have even ended up as friends. I consider myself genuinely lucky to have documented the most special day of their lives, creating something they’ll look back on and treasure for years.
So what else do I get up to when I’m not behind the camera?
- Always getting ready for life’s next adventure
- Travelling the world, experiencing different cultures, and always taking the unbeaten track
- Playing the saxophone (but not very well…)
- Making jewellery from resin
- Soaking up nature on long walks in Epping Forest
- Collecting vintage cameras
- Making friends with any animal I meet along the way (I’m hoping to adopt a dog in the future and have even pet-sat for a flock of chickens…but that’s another story.)
So why am I telling you all of this?
Well, if you haven’t reached for the back button already, there’s a very good chance that we’ll get along well. And if we get along well, you’ll feel more comfortable and relaxed when I’m photographing you.
And more comfortable and relaxed? Well that means even better photos!
See? I didn’t share my houseplant hoarding and limited sax-playing ability for nothing.
Give me a shout and let’s get things started!
The Bow Quarter, London, E3 2UT